Thread: SSR Wiring (Cant find in the Forum)

bredlich is offline New User

Default SSR Wiring (Cant find in the Forum)

I cant for the life of me figure out how to wire this. I have 2 Clion Solid State Relay's at 40amps each running 6 burners at 2500 watts each. I was told to wire the oven like this. run one side of the burner to 1 110 leg, and run the second side of the burner to the SSR. Once the PID kicks the SSR on the burnner would heat up. Does this sound correct? Also, does power go to #1 on the ssr and power out to the burner go to #2? and are 3 & 4 for the PID controller? any help would be great!

ed_denu is offline Metal Finishing Guru

Default Re: SSR Wiring (Cant find in the Forum)

Quote Originally Posted by bredlich View Post
    I cant for the life of me figure out how to wire this. I have 2 Clion Solid State Relay's at 40amps each running 6 burners at 2500 watts each. I was told to wire the oven like this. run one side of the burner to 1 110 leg, and run the second side of the burner to the SSR. Yes, this would be correct Once the PID kicks the SSR on the burnner would heat up. Does this sound correct? Yes, when the ssr completes the circuit by supplying the second leg of the 240 volt circuit, the element would energize. the Also, does power go to #1 on the ssr and power out to the burner go to #2? and are 3 & 4 for the PID controller? any help would be great!
    Look at the ssr and the input side(from the pid) should show the dc values something like 3-32VDC. The output side(to the elements) may show something like 24-380VAC.

So, the input side of the SSR gets (2) feeds from the PID. This is the DC control voltage. Polarity usually doesn't matter. The output side has one 120VAC feed from the source, the other output side goes to the element(s).

There are a lot of schematics available here if you do a search.
    Last edited by ed_denu; 06-23-2009 at 09:19 AM.

tedsfab is offline Amateur Metal Finisher

one reason why we dont use solid states . they are to confusing for the customer building there own oven . alot easier with a contactor .

make sure you get heat sinks on those if you dont . we have been getting calls lately of guys having problems with other people supplying control boxes without all the correct parts to make them work .
    visit our website for all your oven building parts

www.tedsfabrication.com

www.thepowdercoatingforum.com

bredlich is offline New User

Yup, I had the same problem. I felt that it should have included a distribution block and a real heat sink....not a piece of cut aluminum. Just my 2 cents. Other than that it worked ok. I hooked everything up and it seemed to work great

Thread Information