Power Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Supply

I will be using a 6 amp car charger as my power supply for your 5 gallon kit. How will this limit the maximun SA of my items? Also what are the symptoms of insufficient current? If I do have theses sypmtoms can I fix this buy running my current battery charger with another one in a parallel configuration? So lets say a 6 amp and a 8 amp charger in parrellel should give me about 14 amps? Correct?

One more thing. You guys doing paintball guns and accesories. Are you guys using the 3 gal or the 5 gallon system.

Comment

I would like to know the symptoms of insufficient current also. Maybe someone will answer this question for us? Please!

Comment

I started with a 2 gallon because of the cost, go with the 5 gallon. You can then do multiple parts, much easer to get good consistency on your color. Do your self a huge favor and buy a power supply from Caswell, It will save a great deal of aggrevation and give much better quality.

Comment

So lets say a 6 amp and a 8 amp charger in parrellel should give me about 14 amps? Correct?
          Incorrect. You will get about 7 Amps total The 6 Amp charger will put out 3 Amps driving a grounded load, and the 8 Amp charger will put out 4 Amps under the same condition. If the chargers were of equal size you would be getting about 10.8 Volts with the grounded load. Since they aren't the smaller one's voltage will sag a lot, and you will be getting less probably 9 Volts.

What's a grounded load? An anodization setup is a good example.

Don't believe me? hook up a power resistor across the charger outputs and measure it. I did.

Comment

Working...
          X