Annodizing aluminum auto a/c metal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annodizing aluminum auto a/c metal lines

I have a small auto a/c parts warehouse in Phoenix. I am always looking for new things to do and sell. I have many requests from hot rodders for polished/chrome compressors (a/c) and am tired of turning them down. I talked to Mike (I think) Caswell this morning when I found this web site. Ok, here is my question. Have any of you ever had any experience with auto a/c compressors, or aluminum lines? Mike gave some great ideas to me and it seems too good to be true that I can do these things inexpensively. Don't get me wrong, I believe him, I just need a kick in the pants to break out the check book! Ha!

I am part of a large auto a/c bulletin board and for years I've helped others. Now I'm on the receiving end. I know this question is vague but being new up here I'm not even sure I'm doing this correctly. Thanks in advance.
    Warren

Yes, it's true, the Caswell LCD anodizing method works quite well. However, it does take some time to do, approximately 90 minutes per batch anodizing using 4.5 A/ft^2. Also, you'll have to do all of the prep work to get the parts to the desired surface finish before anodizing; anodizing hides no flaws.

Although I've personally never anodized A/C parts, this should provide a nice effect for you. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X