Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

Anodizing protection??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anodizing protection??

Hi guys I am a knife maker and recently started playing with anodizing and heat coloring titanium as accent pieces on handles. So the obvious problem is when it gets handled it wears off fairly quick. So I have started playing with different clear coats of paint. Not much luck yet. I am looking for it to prevent or at least slow down the rate it will rub off. But also I don't want to change the look like making it to glossy. I am sure with enough testing I will figure it out. But I was wondering if anyone has found a good protective coating for this? THANKS

We have a product here called Shark Hide. here is the link see what you think. http://www.caswellplating.com/sharkh...t-1-quart.html
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Thanks seems like it would be good, 1 question would this effect the color or shine of the anodizing, One of the problems I have had in experimenting with clear paints and laquer type stuff is after it dries the anodized surface isn't as bright and shiny, Even with a clear gloss spray paint you would think it would make it glossy it did just the opisat and dulled the color. Ideally I would like it to appeer exactly the same as it is without a coating. In realality I know that anything you put on it will effect it in some way or another. If it has to go one way or another I would rather it be slightly glossier than duller...What happens if I try this product and it doesn't work like I want can I return it if its open?

Comment

I spoke with the factory on this, I was told it will give a great shine and will last. it will not give abrasion protection but it will give great normal wear protection. as for returning it if your not happy with it I can check with the company and see what there policy is.
        --
        Jason Vanderbroek
        315 946 1213 x116
        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

I guess it depends on what they consider abraision and wear. It will only have to with stand being held in the hand and used as a knife would be its for the handles of knives not the blade so someones hand will be the only contact it has maybe rubbing in your pocket to.....I will call the company and ask about the return issue, IF it was 10$ I wouldn't care...thanks tho you helped alot

Comment

Working...
          X