Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Inkjet printing on open pore.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inkjet printing on open pore.

Hi everyone. I need to print and anodize-protect an aluminium plate. This is my sample:
    Ad you can see, the ink erased on the top-left corner when I applied a liquid solvent.
    Long-story-short, it did not work.

what did I did wrong? I pre-anodized it (opened the pore), printed it with Inkjet printer, and sealed it.

May any of you shred any light on the subject? I have seen a few videos about this, it seems it can work seamlessly.

https://youtu.be/ZMk9An98H8E

any help will be appreciated!

What type of ink did you use ?
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Hi. I am unsure about the ink. I do not own a flatbed printer, so I just sent it to a print shop and they did the job. When the piece returned, I sealed it on the hot niquel salt bath. After that, the ink feels "fluffy", like it is on top (not inside) the aluminium.

thanks for your help!

Comment

[QUOTE=Caswellplating_Jason;n142576]What type of ink did you use ?[/QUO

Not sure about the ink. Please check answer above.

Comment

Sounds like they printed it with UV ink by your description of the text of the ink. UV ink sits on top of the substrate and does not sink in. I have one at my shop along with Latex and dye sub.
          Last edited by gardinhackle; 03-05-2017, 11:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks! This means that UV is a no-no. Should I try sublimation instead?

Comment

No, The best method is still the flatbed but with solvent based inks.

Comment

Thanks Gardinhackle. I will give it a try!

Comment

Working...
                X