Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

black spots on parts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black spots on parts

Can someone help me on why I'm getting these little blacks specks on my parts. I get them after I pull them out of the anodizing tank.

Need to see pics but it sounds like pitting from localized overheating but could be a variety of other factors.

Comment

I can't figure out how to get a pic to load

Comment

When entering a post, click on the first of three icons that are on the right. The one that looks like a paper clip on paper and then two boxes will appear at the bottom right. Choose your method of uploading, from attachments on your desktop or from a host using a URL.

Comment

I think I figured out my problem. When i put the parts in the desmut is when I get the spots. As long as I don't use it I don't get them. Could my desmut gone bad. I have it mixed according to what it says on bottle

Comment

Where do you get your water? Tap, well, bottled? Is it DI?
            It's hard to diagnose without pictures.
            Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
            Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Process control systems for anodizers
            If a post helps you out spread the love and LIKE the post

Comment

Still can’t load a pic. I’m using either distilled water from Walmart or use a to water system

Comment

Working...
              X