Sealer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sealer

I'm using the Caswell Sealer. Instructions say 202°-210°F. I can only get it up to about 180°. Will this be ok if I put run the parts in there longer?

No, those I know that use it (Caswell sealer) say it must be run at it's max of 210 deg to be effective.

Comment

I run Caswell sealer between 185 and 195 deg and the parts appear to seal just fine. I wonder what issues others were having below 210.

Comment

Originally posted by g8erh8er View Post
        I run Caswell sealer between 185 and 195 deg and the parts appear to seal just fine. I wonder what issues others were having below 210.
        Sure, as far as you can tell, but the test will be putting your parts outdoors. Light fastness of dye and weather resistance will undoubtedly be compromised if you aren't running the correct sealing temps.

Comment

Here is a light fastness list.
          Attached Files
          --
          Jason Vanderbroek
          315 946 1213 x116
          www.caswellplating.com

Comment

when I add water to my sealer tank due to evaporation, should I add sealer to it as well? Only ran the sealer tank once since it was fresh(about 2 weeks ago) and parts seem to have some smut on them. <br />
            <br />
            To remove the smut, could I dip them in my desmut?

Comment

Typically only water is added to the tank each day. As for smutting from the sealer this soon, I can't answer that as I don't use the same sealant. Check it's pH to make sure it's in the proper range for the product, not maintaining that can have adverse effects. The smut build up from sealant is not effected by the desmutting agent, the only way to remove it is to wipe the parts off with a clean cloth. Some guys use WD40 with it as well.
              Last edited by gardinhackle; 07-21-2018, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X