Agitation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agitation

In the Caswell manual it says the only tank that requires agitation is the anno tank. I plan on circulation the fluid in that tank. For the other tanks is there a benefit or detriment to running air to agitate the chemicals or am I better off not running any? I have the 20 Gallon system.

thanks!!

Agitation is not needed in the other tanks.
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Although Jason is technically correct, we see agitation in nearly every tank in commercial shops; cleaners, rinses, dyes, etc. If you keep the chemistry moving it will react faster on the parts.
      Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
      Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Process control systems for Anodizers
      If a post helps you out LIKE the post
      I'm not an Amateur Metal Finisher. I've just been around the industry for a dozen years or so helping and consulting when and where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinB View Post
        Although Jason is technically correct, we see agitation in nearly every tank in commercial shops; cleaners, rinses, dyes, etc. If you keep the chemistry moving it will react faster on the parts.
        Thank you so much for chiming in. I decided to go ahead as originally planned and install the plumbing. I figured the worse that would happen is I wouldn't use them but it couldn't hurt to have them. My system is coming along, I got some 4500 watt elements and all the PID's today.

Comment

Working...
        X