How do I clean out my acid tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I clean out my acid tank

Hi everyone...old new guy here. I shut my anodizing down 8 years ago. I need to clean out the tank how should I go about doing this?

Take out the air lines and use a Brillo pad with a warm mild dish soap solution and lots of rinsing. Did I mention to rinse well?
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Process control systems for Anodizers
    If a post helps you out LIKE the post
    I'm not an Amateur Metal Finisher. I've just been around the industry for a dozen years or so helping and consulting when and where I can.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinB View Post
      Take out the air lines and use a Brillo pad with a warm mild dish soap solution and lots of rinsing. Did I mention to rinse well?
      Thanks Kevin it is full of aicd bath. I think I am going to transfer that bath and filter that. Then clean the inisde out. I am going to do hard coating and found out I need a different concentration of acid to water so I will need another tank.

Comment

Most of our customers use the same sulfuric concentration for type II & type III (~180g/L) and just change the bath temperature to do either coating. That said, just a little higher concentration for the type III would help keep the bath resistance down which in turn will require a lower voltage for the same ASF.
        Last edited by KevinB; 05-01-2021, 03:20 AM.
        Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
        Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Process control systems for Anodizers
        If a post helps you out LIKE the post
        I'm not an Amateur Metal Finisher. I've just been around the industry for a dozen years or so helping and consulting when and where I can.

Comment

Working...
        X