Anodizing 7075 T6 losing my mind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anodizing 7075 T6 losing my mind

HI, i am making motorcycle sprocket in aluminion 7075 T6 and tryting to anodizing them, but i´m not reaching good results. i made some with good results but its not consistent
    (i´m from Argentina, so excuse me for my english)

1. Once time i finish the mecanized i clean the sprocket with industrial detergent and the piece pass the waterbreaker
    exist some way to clean the piece without brushing? because for the shape of the sprocket it´s takeme a long time

2. i put the piece in baking soda (29%) at ambient temperature
    i leave the piece until its uniform black, i know it´s wrong to made until.... but if i just leave 5 minutes the results is worse

3. put the piece in clorhidric acid for 10 second

4. Anodize the piece, i´m using TI wire to attach the piece, i believe the contact is strong enough, i am using new battery acid at 29% diluiled 1:2 (acid / water) 2.6 gallon of acid at 29% and 5,28 gallon of water. in this example the piece is 90in2 and use 5 amp for 90 minutes. at 69 F i am using a rectifier 24V 20 Amp

5. put the piece in black aniline for 40 minutes or 5 hours (doesnt change the result)

6. seal in boiling water for 20 minutes with this result

i use to have some good results but right now i´m not reaching ani result at all. the good result i made with used acid battery car. the i didnt anodize for 2 week (for some personal problems) and when i trie again i cant reach anithing, i believe the acid was bad so i buy new battery acid but is the same. and i stuck.

next monday i will recive nitric acid at 60° but that know its better but i dont know why i reach good result before with clorhidric acid.

i use pump for circulation, air, and without agitation at all and is the same (the best result was without agitation)

i will put some picture with bad result and with good

any help is appreciated

Others bad experiencies, (the orange is pretty good)

Comment

Working...
    X