trying to get light brown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trying to get light brown

new to anodizing, have done a lot of test pieces so asking for some advice, have a 5 gallon bucket with 3-1 distilled water/ acid. the temp of the electrolyte bath is around 75 degrees, the problem that I have is that the anodize layer is a dark gray, so when I use caswells camo brown I'm trying to get light brown and all I get is a super dark brown no matter how long I leve the part in the dy, I had a large lead cathode, which did some searching and found out that it was way to big. so i bought a thin piece of aluminum to use and had the same problem. So cut the aluminum piece down again half of the aluminum and still same. I have but almost gave up on achieving a light brown. I have gray dye from caswells and it turned out great. thinking of dumping the electrolyte bath and start over. just not sure would effect the dark color of the anodization. I not sure what type the aluminum im using. I used the 720 calculator for the amps. has anyone ran into this?
    Last edited by ringrosa; 06-05-2022, 03:27 AM.

What was your process area?
    What was your current density?
    How long did you run for?
    Process control doesn't give you good quality, it gives you consistent quality.
    Good quality comes from consistently doing the right things.

Process control systems for Anodizers
    If a post helps you out LIKE the post
    I'm not an Amateur Metal Finisher. I've just been around the industry for a dozen years or so helping and consulting when and where I can.

Comment

2.7 inch squared per part and I do two at a time so total was 5.4 inches squared with .5 mill as the thickness. The 720 calculations gave me .22 amps @60 minutes. The 720 calculator defaults the current density @6, but not really sure how to calculate that?
      Last edited by ringrosa; 06-20-2022, 02:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X