Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Input needed by some of the inhouse pro's.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I am saying is that the "old" method works very well for me and for the size of parts I run. I just choose not to use the LCD method. If the old method is so awful and Caswell Plating is totally against it then I want all the money back that I spent here for them selling a defective prduct!. I believe both methods need to be supported as they BOTH work. Though I am sure it(LCD) has helped alot of people that are power source impaired. I thank you for all the time you put into the instructions as it was very good for me to read. You don't have to tell people that are here looking for help to " if you would read the instructions" or what you said to me. Just don't forget that alot of those here are just starting out. Don't scare them away because they are at the bottom of the learning curve. We all were there at one point. I also want to point out that I am not the only person here that feels this way just the one that is saying anything.

Take care,
    Tim Wiltse

Comment

RED DYE PROBLEMS

Seal must be at a boil @ 1oz per gal
      pH 5.5 - 6
      If not at a boil, or conc is weak & pH too high it makes red bleed a lot.
      If murky = pH too high. if clear & green = OK
      Other colors will not do this, so comparisons are worthless.
      --
      Mike Caswell
      Caswell Inc
      http://www.caswellplating.com
      Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

Hi All:
        Interesting thread!
        Maybe a little advise if I could......
        Its easy to take offence and give offence over the internet when no one can clean your clock if they want to.
        I have found the best thing to do is simply sidestep the B.S. and let it roll right past you. It will wind up somewhere else and not on you.
        Best thing is to concentrate on what the forum is about and simply help each other the any way we can.
        Lord knows good forums that help each other are hard to find..........so lets make the effort to advance each others skills instead of taking pot shots.
        48BUICK

Comment

48Buick,

Well said!

Later,
          Tim

Comment

MEGGA DITTO'S

cheers

Comment

I'll take a crack at the different alloys of aluminum in the same batch question:

I haven't tried different alloys in the same batch, so take this one as only an educated opinion (guess?).

In the reference paper at the rear of the LCD instructions; the first anodization curve shows 3 different alloys done at 3A/sq.ft. These were done individually, not in the same batch. An effort was made here to insure that each sample was identical in every respect except alloy (same size, same prep, same connection method, etc.) Notice that the 3 curves almost overlay each other. Its reasonable to assume that the alloy content will have some effect for chemical reasons alone. But this curve leads me to think that its less than is generally assumed. Either that or the closed loop anodizing provided by the constant current source is compensating for the differences, or maybe both. If that helps any.

Comment

Working...
              X