Stainless hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stainless hardware

Is it OK to use stainless steel hardware to fasten the wire to the anode? I've read that you should only introduce aluminum, titanium, or lead to the acid bath, but titanium or aluminum screws are harder to find. Thanks

I found some aluminum screws at www.mcmaster.com I'm not sure if SS should be used to attach the electrode or not, although I have heard that it's OK to be in the anodizing tank.

Comment

All common stainless steel alloys are rated "C" (marginal) to "D" (poor) for corrosion resistance to sulfuric acid, even as dilute as we use. How much trouble will it cause? I don't know; but like most things in anodizing, it's probably a matter of degree. Use aluminum hardware like Neomoses, or titanium hardware if you can afford it.

Comment

titanium bolts

Servi Sure has some great deals on Titanium nuts and bolts, I thought they were about $1.40 per bolt and $1.00 or so for nuts. For something that'll be used a bunch it really isn't too bad. It's not like I needed 100, but perhaps in your application you do. I went that route

Comment

Rwizinsky, could you post a link to Servi Sure? The price you mention looks attractive.

Comment

No problem

Here it is, I believe I got it off the caswell web site.

http://www.servisure.com

Good Luck.

Russ
            www.professorwiz.com

Comment

Working...
            X