Electrolyte Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrolyte Question

Ok I have decieded to remake my ano take. I have a 10 gallon tank. How many gallons of battery acid should I add and how much distilled water should I add? I want to make an LCD method tank.

6 gallons of Distilled water + 2 gallons of Battery acid will give you 8 gallons of electrolyte in your 10 gallon tank at a 3:1 ratio.

Comment

So if I want 10 gallons of electrolyte it would be 7.5 Distilled water and 2.5 battery acid?

Comment

You have a 10 gallon tank and want to fill it with 10 gallons of electrolyte? Doesn't give you much working room.

But, yes, for 10 gallons of electrolyte at 3:1 ratio, it would be 7.5 water, 2.5 battery acid.

Comment

It is about 11 gallons but I said it was a 10gallons because thats what I want in there. I already have it set up but I have it 1:1 concentration and now I find out that I need it to be 3:1.

Comment

if you have 10 gallons at 1:1 then just take out 5 gallons of your current electrolyte and replace it with 5 gallons of distilled water. If my brain is still working then I think that would produce a 1:3 ratio that you need.

Comment

Ok. Just wanted to make sure you had enough room to work with.

If the electrolyte is good and you are only dropping the concentration, dogmeat's recommendation will work fine..

Comment

Thanks guys. I will do that dogmeat, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X