X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fmahone
    replied
    other dye source

I have heard of some people using fabric dyes for anodizing. they are organic, like regular aluminum dyes, but some fade rather easily.

I also do tie dye as a hobby and found craft stores sell fabric dye in powder form. Also, Daharma sells a lot of dyes and has a wide variety of colors. Check their web site.

The problem with true florescent dyes is the particle size is large, you will have problems getting enough dye in to the small pores to do a good job.
    The florescent dies listed at Caswell are not really responding to u.v. light,
    but take the appearance of glowing.

Leave a comment:

• ase618
    replied
    caswell im interested in flourescent green and orange also. thanks

Leave a comment:

• kickn
    replied
    UV reactive dye would make it visible in the dark with the aid of a blacklight

Leave a comment:

• Zouky
    replied
    Can fluorescent dye make the part visible in dark? Or what is the purpose of the fluorescent dye?

Andy

Leave a comment:

• kickn
    replied
    I've very interested in finding some UV reactive dyes - anyone seen anything like that?

Leave a comment:

• acidrain
    replied
    Rit fabric dyes may have a color that suits you, but they are not UV stable, and may fade in the sun.

Leave a comment:

• GramSlam
    replied
    You can anodize parts to look white. But it's still not white....

To do this, you can use a very fine grit silica blasting media (80-100). The blasted surface will cut down on the light reflected from the surface. That is the closest thing you will ever see to white.

hope that helps

Leave a comment:

• Zouky
    replied
    Hey Sgunn911,

I am interesting to see your anodizing work on your copter parts.
    Are you using anodizing color to light up your heli parts in dark?

Thanks,

Andy

Leave a comment:

• edwin247
    replied
    I understand. Just thought I would give it a shot since I am a Newbee!

Leave a comment:

• Fibergeek
    replied
    Because of the way dyes produce color, there is no such thing as white (the summation of all colors) and black (total absence of any color).

A good "black" is obtained by a mixture of 3-5 other colors, carefully ratioed to cancel each other out. This is why proper mixing is critical for "black" dye, more so than other colors. This is also why "black" dye is more expensive than other colors.

To my knowledge, no one has produced "white" dye.

Leave a comment:

• sgunn911
    replied
    Caswell,

I need fluorescent orange and green, and any other fluorescent colors you can get. I anodize RC Helicopters and the main colors are the ones listed above. If you would like to see some of my work, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• M_D
    replied
    It's my understanding that white is the one color nobody has been able to obtain in a anodized and dyed finish.

Leave a comment:

• edwin247
    replied
    I know Aluminum is a whitish color, but is there an actual white dye to make it closer to white?

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    Let us know the colors that you need and we'll try to get them for you.

Leave a comment:

• sgunn911
    replied
    You would think someone out there offers anodizing dyes in other colors than Caswell....

I buy most of my stuff here (thousands and thousands worth) but if he doesn't have what I need, where do I go?

Anyone out there have any other suppliers??

Leave a comment:

Working...
X