Newbie Question - LCD Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie Question - LCD Kit

My interest in anodizing has been growing for a while and it is about time to either build a setup or buy a kit. Before I make this decision I would like to know the limits of Caswell's LCD kit. What is the biggest piece you can anodize? Also, could you build a better setup for the money? I know a lot of people have started with the LCD kit and I just want to make sure it is the right way to go. Thanks for the help!

There are no limits to LCD kit, really.

Start off with the kit, to learn and troubleshoot your learning curve, then progress to whatever you wish.

The main requirement is battery acid and water, neither of which is in the kit. The only other requirement is a larger tank. Anything plastic will do.
    Could you build a better system for the money? Not really. What we are selling is expertise, a BASIC kit and tech support. From that point, we have many customers who have progressed to commercial setups!

We've also had many people contact us, after trying to 'wing it' begging for us to show them the light.
    --
    Mike Caswell
    Caswell Inc
    http://www.caswellplating.com
    Need Support? Visit our online support section at http://support.caswellplating.com

Comment

As Caswell said, there aren't really any limits to the LCD Kit. You are limited to the size of the anodized piece by the size of the buckets, the size of the cathode plates, the amounts of acid, water, other chemicals and your power supply.

If you are asking what size piece can be anodized, dyed, sealed, using the only the material in the kit, it is probably about 144 sq in, as long as the shape of the item will fit in the bucket and still provide at least 3" of space between the aluminum and the cathode plates.

Anything much larger than 144 sq in will require larger buckets, more de-smut, more sealer, larger cathodes and perhaps a larger power supply. You may also need more dye, although it isn't included in the kit.

Comment

Working...
      X