Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrolyte

Hiya folks.

I have 2ltrs of battery acid (36% sulphuric acid) from a motorfactors, mixed with 5ltrs of deionsid water as my electrolyte.

Now I have my power supply connected up and everythings okay, if i touch the ground plate and the anodised part together lots of sparks etc....

But when they are submerged in the electrolyte the power supply shows no current flowing

I have the voltage set to 10V and nothing, even upto the max of 16v (POwer supply is CV 0-16v @40A max)

Anyone know why I am getting no current passed? The contacts are all good, i dont understand it

Cheers

If all of the connections were good, current would flow. Its obvious that they aren't.

You will need to provide more information.

Comment

Thanks.

I believe I have found my error, I used some new sheet aluminium (believed to be 2018 alloy).

I took the plastic cover off and used it right off (as i dont have any anodize stripper just yet ). I think this is my problem on those peices I tried, I think they had oxidised, and as such obviously wouldent allow current to flow!

I tried another larger sheet I had, and it flows nicely (1amp).......first attempt! and i have made the first mistake! .

Must get myself some oxide/anoidse stripper and propperly prep the part!

I *hope* that was my error anyway!

Comment

Working...
      X