No announcement yet.

Peak voltage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started the last post before I knew Fibergeek posted, I just wanted to say I will get some Ti rack tests done soon hopefully. I got so tied up I had no time to do it properly.

Soon after I first began anodizing I noticed the phenomenon of voltage fluctuations. For instance if the power was cut, or the part lifted out of the electrolyte momentarily and then was power reapplied to the part, the voltage would go up for a while and then settle back down. Also, if I wiggled the part around while it was anodizing the voltage would go up. At first I thought it was the connection failing, which is a possibility if it isn’t good. But I knew that the connections were good, and there was another cause.

Anyway, it is one more key to fully understanding the factors than come into play when anodizing that I’m glad to know.

By the way, it's spring here too (at least spring like weather).

Comment

Spring in the mid-atlantic is cold than immediately in the mid 80's, in one day's time. Not much of a Spring.

Like M_D says; don't get hung up on voltage measurements, it will backfire on you if you don't understand what you are looking at. Current never lies.

R-Wells, chew on what was said for a while, you will have questions.

I'm stepping out of this thread. You guys have everything under control.

Comment

Thanks Fibergeek and M_D for the input. I am crystal on pore temp relevance, just hazy sometimes on organizing thoughts and conveying what I want to say. I've been playing with part position in the tank until I can do something better with cooling and circulation.

Comment

Hey sswee,
          I understood you , I just didnt make myself clear that I wanted to discuss theory.
          For your info, my little AC unit is doing a good job at the moment.
          I have run two 2.4sqf parts back to back at 4.5asf with no more than a 2° temp increase. ( start at 70° finish at 72°).
          Yesterday I ran 4 parts (aout 1.4 sqf) at 6asf back to back at 70° with no temp increase at all.
          I kinda figure this will change as summer gets here and the ambient temp goes up another 20°.

I was runing two fairly big aquarium pumps, when I changed to using the shop compressor i saw a immediate increase in voltage of 1-1.5 volts.

Rusty

Comment

I haven't had time to get to Home Depot yet. Did you build a box around your tank?

Comment

yes I did build a make shift box out of scrap materials.
              It just incloses 3 sides of the tank, no top or bottom,

Rusty

Comment

Working...
              X