Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started...

Hello All,

I'm trying to get started in the world of anodizing. So I am just wondering what all do I need to start?

To be more clear, I will be working on paintball guns. So I am really interested in adding color to an existing gun.

Thanks in advance,
    kevin

First thing is to read and fully understand all the principles. Go here and read this:
    http://caswellplating.com/kits/lcd_ano.pdf
    Forget about the battery and lights thing. I started out using a 10amp battery charger and controlled it with a 110v ceiling fan controller. It worked good for large batches up to 1.5 sq. ft. of surface area.
    Think about how big the tank needs to be (I do paintball guns too), racking system, heating or cooling requirements, materials costs, place to work, etc.
    Remember, many of the chemicals need to be heated to 140F, or boiling, and the ano tank needs to remain at ~68F even during ano which will generate some heat.
    OK, read up and then ask more questions.
    I do things.

Comment

looks like I found some fellow ballers.
      I have read that pdf a few times now and have tried a couple batches.
      I knew I wouldn't get it right the first couple tries (hoped I would...) but it is slowly coming around. Just thought this would be a good place to say hello. I will be reading hundreds of posts now...
      so glad I found the forum!
      thanks to all in advance.

Comment

My current rig is simple....battery charger....light dimmer....Im getting very good results

Power source will be on its way as soon as I get the $$$ though I cant control the ampage very well on the charger
        www.125customs.com - Quality custom anodizing for simple and complicated jobs.

Comment

Working...
        X