10 amp rectifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10 amp rectifier?

I bought one from caswell with my anodizing kit and it fricken only has a volt adjustment knob but it does have a amp meter. Anyone have a solution, can I use a light dimmer? Do I need to return it. Thanks for the help

Sounds like you have a rectifier for plating that is not capable of CC operation. Best I can recommend is to call Caswell or file a PRS report to see what can be done. I haven't had any problems with their product support. Best of luck.
    SS

Comment

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/rect.htm

I really want to be sure that the 2nd one down that list is not capable of anodizing. It dosnt say if its constant current or not but its seems that its exactly like the 20 amp one which comes with the deluxe lcd ano kit so it must be capable of anodizing.

Comment

At this time I don't see the Deluxe anodize kit with the 20A CC PS nor the 20 amp CC/CV rectifier listed. The only CC PS listed is the 3A. The second rectifier listed is a plating rectifier. You need a PS capable of CC operation. I was taught this by the late Fibergeek. The plater is not CC capable. I have the 20A CC/CV rectifier that they sold and it has a 30V range. Caswell has changed up what they offer here lately. You should give them a call and see what they say. They have been real helpful for me. I'm interested in what you find out.
        SS

Comment

Working...
        X