If you were to pick one of these battery chargers which would u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you were to pick one of these battery chargers which would u

I need a minumum of 10 amps, which would you choose if you were to buy one, i dont care about price

http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...ters=Automatic
    or
    http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBr...ameters=Manual

if there a couple please list them, thanks for the help

Eric Laakmann

Re: If you were to pick one of these battery chargers which would u

If you go with a battery charger, it has to be a manual charger. Automatic chargers will not work.

The links you posted did not connect but I looked and the manual charger with a 10A capacity was $179.00. If you spend that much on a charger, more wiring a dimmer switch into it to control the current, a little more for resistors and ammeter or multimeter to keep tabs on your current being used, guess what? You have spent enough to get a power supply with double or triple the minimum current you need. I have been down that road due to necessity. I had all the stuff already, so I wasn't out anything but time. I turned out some good parts with some effort but the consistancy was not great. If you have to spend money to get started, go the easy way, which in this case is also the easy way. Find a power supply capable of CC mode.

Comment

I got my 10amp off ebay for $125.
      Seriously... get a CC PS. It will save you from having to monitor the amperage, and will make it very easy to monitor the volts for trouble shooting and PAR.
      I'd sell you my old charger/controller setup, but I might need it to actually charge a battery some day. :P
      I do things.

Comment

well, i would buy a anodizing rectifier from caswell but they dont sell nething more powerful than 3 amps anymore (for anodizing at least) so if I search cc rectifier on ebay I should get some suitible options?

Comment

this one looks promising
          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ANODI...69306205QQrdZ1

someone please let me know although this is a little out of my price range

Comment

Lambda is a good name. Better to have a seperate readout for amps and volts.
            Search DC power supply, variable or adjustable
            Check your PM.
            Last edited by sswee; 08-20-2005, 02:45 AM.

Comment

i use the 25 amp plater and it works just fine.

Comment

jamerson ,

How do you set and control your current? Do you have to adjust the voltage during the couse of a run to maintain a constant current? vbmenu_register("postmenu_17788", true);

Comment

If you are looking for a good used rectifier you can search Don Morgan Co. I bought a 300 amp and it does good, used it about a yr. now. He will set it up like you need it also.
                  www.chrome-plater.blogspot.com

Comment

Here is the exact one I bought... works great!
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/MASTECH-DC-POWER...QQcmdZViewItem
                    I do things.

Comment

^^^^ that the one im getting from a site that swee send me a lonk for, its gonne be 135+$30 shipping so that one on ebay seems like a better so that some seem like a better deal but its a ebay thing sooooo, idk which one i am gonna buy from. this is a link to that site http://www.radios4you.com/mastech-hy3010E.html

Comment

i set it as close to the amp setting as i can get it. If your doing a large number of pieces roughly over a square foot youll be fine . if your under a square foot then i have a range of cheater plates i use. i get great results every time.

Comment

jamerson,
                          Do you have to keep adjusting the voltage to miantain the current during a run?

Comment

Did you ever get a battery charger. You HAVE to use a Manual Charger. I bought a 40 AMP Sears Charger for $114 new. Works GREAT!!! I have successfully anodized from 2 to 15 amps. I have had no need for anything larger yet. Remember, a 10 Amop charger will only get you about 5 amps current.
                            FWIW

Comment

I have a 3 am rectifier that I started out with and a 20 amp one I got a while ago. Thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X