Titanium wire spring clips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium wire spring clips

Where could one find some titanium wire to make spring clips for holding small parts while anodizing ? Are the clips made from a certain grade of titanium wire ? We may all be in the wrong business, we should be prospectors for Titanium $$

Clint

Re: Titanium wire spring clips

Have you checked with Servisure?
    www.servisure.com

Comment

eBay is your friend

http://stores.ebay.com/BikiniDuck_Wire

I also have thicker 0.046" and soon to be 0.062" wire.

Email me about those if you are interested.
      [email protected]

--Martin--
      www.BikiniDuck.com
      www.BikiniDuck.com

Comment

why do you need Titanium?

I usually use ALuminum wire connection to my aluminum parts and they are plated so fast. Do i need to change it that often or some how i can strip it and use it again?

Thanks,

Z.

Comment

If you're using aluminum wire, just toss it each time. You could strip it and re-use it, but that is kind of a pain. If you want re-usable wire or connectors, go with Ti. It doesn't plate, and can be used over and over.
          I understand there is a problem using it with certain alloys though.
          I do things.

Comment

typically how do people do racking? Re use by stripping or just toss it away?

If we do business long term, I think it is supposed to be stripping. Am I correct.

Joe

Comment

As acidrain said, if you use aluminum racking it must be stripped of anodize after each use. The reason people use Ti (titanium) racking is it does not anodize and can be reused without stripping. The thing about Ti racking is since it does not anodize, there is a extra current draw that must be compensated for. Each Ti rack is different and has a different current draw amount depending on the surface area of the rack that is submerged. The down side to Ti racking is it can cause anodizing problems with 2011 aluminum. SS

Comment

I disagree about having to compensate when using Ti racking.

Comment

Sid03,
                  Since I don't use Ti racking at this time, I am going by what has been said by the others that do. There have been quite a few posts saying that you would have to up your current slightly to compensate for the Ti racking. Maybe M_D or others using Ti will give their assessment. SS

Comment

Yes, I know others on here have stated that. After wondering why the Ti rack manufacturers SWEAR that you dont have to and a couple people on here SWEAR you do, I invested the time and money to experiment myself.

I was originally adding extra current to compensate for Ti racking also.....going by what I read on this forum. After you prime the rack, I wouldnt worry about adding extra current unless your running a small part on a large rack(going off memory and not my notes, i think this is the only time I noticed the rack making a difference).

Comment

How do you mean prime the rack?

Comment

When you first get a Ti rack you are suppose to "prime" the rack. You basically run the rack by itself in the ano tank for awhile.

Comment

Hello,
                          I saw someone selling Ti wire on the tread.
                          Nol4154

Where could one find some titanium wire to make spring clips for holding small parts while anodizing ? Are the clips made from a certain grade of titanium wire ? We may all be in the wrong business, we should be prospectors for Titanium $$

Clint

Comment

Working...
                          X