Your work places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your work places

Well, ive searched a bit and came up empty handed. Right now im looking into getting into anodizing. I understand the concept but im still gaining new stuff.

Anyway, i was looking for some pictures with details on peoples set ups they use. I want to get a good idea on how much room ill need. I have a small room i may be able to use.

Re: Your work places

My entire settup (40gal tank, heat exchanger, beadblast cabinet, buffing station, work table with large two burner propane stove, pots, buckets, 14 color buckets, etc., etc.) takes up a 10ft x 10ft space in my garage (the compressor is outside).
    I do things.

Comment

I'm using about a 12'x12' area for my setup.

Comment

How much room you'll need greatly depends on how big your tanks are.

Comment

Hmmm sounds good. Ive got plenty of room in my basement. Ill have to take out a few things to make some room though. Im going to have to make some kind of ventelation where i have it... allwell.

Anybody have some pictures? Im trying to figure out as much as how to set up a set up as i possibly can, so i dont do it wrong

Comment

I use a 20x10 area in my garage

Comment

There are a few pics in my album of anodize tanks. I still move things around to help flow if needed. There is a bench adjacent to the tank bench that has the stripper/etch, DeOx/DeSmut, and sealer tanks using ceramic heaters. The wall opposite has a bench for polishing, degreasing, and sput welder. PM me if you have any questions on my setup.
              SS

Comment

We just moved in August and I don't have my anodizing stuff set up yet, but I can at least share a couple photos of what my new shop looks like. (It's not quite finished) Anodizing will be done on the right hand side in aprox 10' x 20' area.
                http://www.weirdstuffwemake.com/weir...ater-shop.html

Try not to be too jealous...

Steve

Comment

Luminous, that pretty good. Heh, I'd move that truck, though.
                  I do things.

Comment

I am currently using a 5'x8' cold room for my anodizing lab. There I have my 40 gal anodizing tank, my computer, my power supply, all my dye tanks, and a counter/sink with RO water.
                    Outside that room is my mechanical shop 12'x12' where I have my drill press, workbench, tool storage, air compressor, sand blast cabinet, tumblers.
                    I also have another computer on a work bench in that room.
                    Then I have a small framed in 4'x4' area covered with plastic under the stairs. I use that space for the buffing machine.
                    And more tool storage in a 3'x14' hallway.
                    All that and I'm still desperate for space )

Comment

I'm lucky enought to have about 2000 sq ft for everything - i've got a line of 300L tanks that works brilliantly. I can anodise a whole wheel if I needed to.

I also just finished building a bead blasting cabinet which is working fantastic. I was worried that it wouldn't be anything like a retail one but in some ways its better - more light/etc.

Saying that I was working in about a 5' x 10' space doing the same thing in smaller batches and it worked as well - you can use as much space as you can - you just might need a scooter to get around

Comment

Working...
                      X