Concentration of chemicals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concentration of chemicals

Hi, I am doing a science experiment with the LCD Anodizing equipment and wanted some more clarification on the concentrations of the chemicals in the different parts of the process. I have looked the all of the labels from Caswell but nothing tells the actual concentration. We are most interesting in the sealant and the concentration of nickel acetate in it. We tried calling Caswell but they were already closed and we need the information quickly.

Thanks a lot

Re: Concentration of chemicals

I think you will find that most packaged chemicals will not have concentrations and specific chemical makeup. These are trade secrets.
    As for the sealer, you could just easily seal in boiling water/steam. Maybe either just use it as a generic term, or use steam sealing instead.
    Sounds like a cool project. GL
    I do things.

Comment

Would we lose any effectivness with boiling water? If so how much? I have heard that you can use just boiling water and it sounds like that might be an easier way to go, but I don't want to sacrifice the results.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Sounds like a reason for more experiments. I started out boiling in distilled water to seal. I cannot tell a difference in those parts to the ones using a sealer. To my knowledge the sealer is suppose to give a better seal and help with the UV protection. Depending on the experiment, I don't see why the boil to seal would cause any problems.
        SS

Comment

Working...
        X