How big?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How big?

I was looking at the Anodizing kit, & it states that it is expandable.Just how big would you be able to go & still power it by battery chargers?

Re: How big?

Depends in the actual current output of the charger. The anodize process need a minimum CD (current density) of 3 amps per square foot of SA (surface area) or .020 amps per square inch. The size of the setup can be varied to any size to meet specific needs. The main component is a good understanding of the process. Whatever questions you might have, just ask.
    SS

Comment

Are you asking this question as it pertains to your needs? --- I am thinking of
      the message you posted requesting an anodizer in Jersey for your Rod and cooler racks.
      Or have you considered learning how anodizing works with small stuff and
      then going up in capacity as you gain experience . . . . .
      Because you are interested in the LCD system and its applicable, common sense approach to successful results from the many posts already established in this forum.
      archi

Comment

That is what I was kicking around in my head.There's a lot of fab work on the smaller pieces.I figured if I learned the process, I could anodize parts then weld.Then hopefully down the road, increase the size of the system to be able to anodize after welding.It is however just a thought for now,cause I have some serious issues regarding space.

Comment

FYI - You can't weld over anodize. It's an insulator.
          A CC/CV power supply would be the way to go for that type of setup.

SS

Comment

Jeff,
            My FYI:
            Welding Aluminum (6061 of course--- I hope) and THEN anodizing
            will offer another array of qualitative issues. The AL filler rod
            ain't gonna look like the 6061 substrate after its all said and done.
            Even the LCD system and its master practicioners won't get
            uniform results.
            Ask the guys here ---- they will be the best resources to benchmark your expectations.
            archi

Comment

I can verify what archi said. It can show up in several different ways and can be attributed as much or more to the heating aspect as the slight alloy difference. Not being familiar with your parts, their size or use, have you considered PC as an alternative. I am not trying to dissuade you from anodize but if the parts get too large in surface area it might be a better, more cost effective option to consider.
              SS

Comment

thanks guys......definatly some things to concider here.

Comment

Working...
                X