X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M_D
    replied
    Re: Post-sealing treatment

The chalky look is probably from dissolution and can be corrected. Oil can add to the gloss of a flat or satin textured part, but when parts are turning out well they should look even and nice without oil.

Leave a comment:

• destroyer125
    replied

I get a rather dry chalky look on alot of pieces when I do not use oil like wd-40

Leave a comment:

• rclint
    replied

Originally posted by rick201
    Why do you use wd40 after the sealing treatment what are the benefits i may have to try it.
    Does it make a better finish and do you soak it or spray on and buff off etc ?
    Best Regards to all
    Richard..
    I use it after the piece is sealed to restore oil to the part, the part should be void of all oils, this will even colors out and give a more natural look after the part is sealed, I think it also serves to do some type of protection, and I use steam to seal, the wd40 will remove any left over dye

Leave a comment:

• rick201
    replied

Why do you use wd40 after the sealing treatment what are the benefits i may have to try it.
    Does it make a better finish and do you soak it or spray on and buff off etc ?
    Best Regards to all
    Richard..

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied

Yes, you can use WD-40 or our Penetrating Sealer.

Many anodizers skip this process. It really depends on your preference.

Leave a comment:

• adavislock
    started a topic Post-sealing treatment

Post-sealing treatment

The Caswell manual recommends a post sealant treatment of anodized parts with WD-40. Why WD-40? As a firearms refinisher we do mostly gun parts. We NEVER use WD-40 on a firearm. When we finish a part with black oxide or parkerizing we use a water displacing oil (same as manufacturers) as a post treatment. Can this same product be used as a post anodizing treatment?
Working...
X