acid wash examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acid wash examples

Finally got my initial kinks all smothed out and the parts are coming out nicely

Re: acid wash examples

What were the main problems you found?
    SS

Comment

It all had to do with low temperature. The chemical reactions didnt have enough kinetic energy to make enough effective collisions (thermodynamics in simple terms). So, my parts took a long time to etch, to degrease. The problem was in the degreasing step. I followed your suggestions to add an extra dawn dish soap step. This coupled with now high temperatures resulted in parts that always pass the water break test.

The dye at low temperatures tend to be on the very light side and wont want to deepen in intensity.

My problems still lie in one place. As you can see my acid wash works. But when I want to completly wash off surfaces I have to use bleach right out of the bottle. Mixing to a 4 cups water, 1 cap full bleach was weak and didnt work.

People then told me that wash your parts and dunk into an acid bath 3:1 ratio. Thats fine....but it leaches out the colour of my other parts. Maybe this technique is ok for masking like in camo patterns.

There always seems to be some colour still trapped in. Its light thankfully but still. Is this normal?

Comment

WHAT ARE THE STEPS TO ACID WASH!?

THANK

pAUL

Comment

Working...
        X