Aluminum bar for Racking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum bar for Racking

I just bought 2 pieces of aluminum bar (7551 was printed on it, not sure if that's the type or not) and was wondering if it add resistance or not. The bar is 1"x1"x24" and I'm using a constant current power supply

Re: Aluminum bar for Racking

everything including the temperature of the air will create resistance (digital themometers rely on this for temperature readings) in your system.

Will it be a lot? Nothing that will effect your anodizing, nothing you would probably detect. Metal has a relative free flow of electricity (sea of valence electrons) and is a good conductor.

Many here use bars of ti for their racking, your fine.

Comment

I use a stainless rack with titanium connection wires, and a lead cathode
      www.125customs.com - Quality custom anodizing for simple and complicated jobs.

Comment

I find my ss rack rusts a lot. I use 6xxx series AL for my cathodes and yes, ive got a lot of Ti wire (hate using al, fails half the time).

does a Ti racking system need to be 'preped' to remove rust as much as ss? Im planning on getting Ti bolts and if they make them Ti washers as well. Everytime I anodize, ive got to take steel wool to the areas where contact would be made.

Comment

(digital themometers rely on this for temperature readings)
          Not that it matters a whole lot, but the thermometer measures the resistance of the sensor, not the air (or the generated voltage if it's a thermocouple). Yes it's a nit-pic, sorry

The beauty of your CC power supply is that it will correct for any variations in resistance as long as it's within its capability - which happens throughout the anodizing process. If you set it for 2 amps of output, it's going to give you the 2 amps unless the resistance is so great that the power supply's maximum voltage is reached.

Comment

my stainless bars dont rust at all, when i splash some acid on them they turn alittle dark, I just spray it with some water and your good to go. Maybe your using a different grade of stainless then me
            www.125customs.com - Quality custom anodizing for simple and complicated jobs.

Comment

Working...
            X