"White"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "White"

Im going to be doing a "white" marker this week and have some concerns.

When I did my first bead blast job, the rasta thats posted up here, I can agree now that it has been blasted too hard. The lighter colour like the yellow has a darker tone of yellow and upon very close inspection has some dark, black like spots (not pitting).

Now, do I bead blast this "white" marker but at a lighter blast? Or do I just strip and put into the deox for a longer duration?

Re: "White"

ok so... I did some research. Glass gritt and bead are two completly different things. The Gritt is good for having a really matt surface, not satin smooth but rough enough for paint to stick really well. The beads, a find grade is what is needed for a uniform and even finish. Im picking up the beads in a few days, going to try it out and now dont fear trying white....I know what the "problem" is now and understand why the finish is so matt, rough and has darder spots on her
    Last edited by -AAPB-Eric; 07-18-2006, 04:14 PM.

Comment

I have found out that the best way of getting a nice finish was suggested by precisionpb and acidrain...low pressure going over it til its just enough to give it a nice finish. Dont blast anything out of it. There are other factors in getting these "like white" looks in which many home anodizers choose to stay away from, this being nitric acid. This stuff works wonders but is probably the most dangerous chemical used around anodizing. It will give that pearl look...and if you dip it long enough and or heat it with a mixture of phosphoric acid it will polish, but nitric acid reacts with aluminum giving on toxic gasses that you do not want to breath. Respirator and extremely good ventilation are the only way to use them. Nitric acids fumes are very corrosive, after just being around it will eat your cloths.
      www.125customs.com - Quality custom anodizing for simple and complicated jobs.

Comment

AAPB, I can do what I did for Destroyer if you like... send you a small sample of the beads I use. It's probably much finer than you are thinking (smaller than grains of sugar). When I bought them, they told me what sieve they were, but after looking at the bag, I see it's not marked, and now I don't know what they are.
        PM me your address, and I'll send a small amount.
        I do things.

Comment

Give me a week, ill also order some stickers... and if you can we dont have red devil so a few cans of that if you can. Im waiting for my pay pal to get loaded with cash from my bank.

Comment

Red Devil lye is running short everywhere. I heard a rumor that they are not making it anymore. I have two cans left in my stash. I'll see if I can find more. I'm actally considering buying some Caswell striper (I'm so cheap).
            I do things.

Comment

Working...
            X