acid wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acid wash

read the forums some looking for a brief run down of an acid wash i didnt understand some of what i read.
    steps...
    1.)ano
    2.) darkest color
    3.) 1 part bleach 3 parts water on sponge with gloved hands wring sponge to achieve "running" or flowing look
    4.)rinse very very well
    5.) lighter color?

Re: acid wash

If your using a non black color, dont use bleach, use straight battery acid. If your using black, bleach, wash, acid , wash, bleach again, wash, acid, wash, really good, dye next color. You want the area being acidwashed to be a somewhat at least a dark silver.
    www.125customs.com - Quality custom anodizing for simple and complicated jobs.

Comment

good god wouldnt that take away all the black or what

so ....

1.) ANo
      2>) dye base color (black in this instance)
      3.) bleach with sponge
      4.) wash
      5.) dip in acid?
      6.) wash
      7.) bleach again
      8.) wash
      9.) acid
      10.) wash really really good
      11.) second color

ok now for lets say orange

1.)ano
      2.) dye orange
      3.) sponge with acid
      4.)wash
      5.)dye with darker color?

Comment

Always dye the darker color first, cause it would "cover" the brighter colors.
        I think destroyer means, that you'll have problems "bleaching" black dyes only by acid....you have to use bleach first....then rinse extremely good....after that, dip in acid to remove the rest of the black dye......(after bleaching, my black dye turns into a violett/red/brown/interesting color....the acid removes this within seconds....)

Comment

With the darker colors, you'll need to use bleach then acid, etc.
          What we mean by that is go back over the exact first areas with each step... not just dunk in the acid.
          I do things.

Comment

i must be a moron because i have no clue what you guys are talking about an acid wash leaves some of the base color but if i dunk it in acid wont that remove all the base color. Anyone care to elaborate in idiot proof terms lol.

Comment

Edit: of course.... don't dip, use a sponge I've done too many masking-jobs the last days

Comment

ok now im not totally clueless ill attempt this sometime today and post my progress

Comment

This is what I got from it Starns. You dye the part the darker color first black for example then use the sponge with bleach first to lighten the areas you want then use the acid to finish removing the color from those areas. Then you would dye the whole part the second color for example pink. The black areas that were not bleached will not take the color because black is the darkest color of them all of course. If you were doing a red and yellow acid wash you would do the red first bleach then dye yellow. Also I would calculate for the color over laps when doing lighter colors. In this case when adding red and yellow together you will make orange so make sure you get a good deep red so the yellow does not show as much. Correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Comment

You are correct sir!
                    I do things.

Comment

Working...
                    X