Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdaw
    replied
    Blown glass air stones, while hard to find, will never dissolve.
    For placement problems. A little piece of 1/2" pvc filled with sand, and sealed with caps on both ends, and a few zip ties to hold air tube and stone in place. Works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• SUPRARACER
    replied
    The air stones work really well. The only problem I had with the air stones was keeping them in place and having to remove them. I took the plastic tube and melted one end toghether. I used a big saftey pin to poke holes in the tube up to 6 in from the sealed end. I drilled a small hole in the bottom side of the bucket and shoved the plastic tube in the hole. I then used marine epoxy to seal around the tube and hole. I used a one way valve to keep the fluid from draining back into the air pump. This alowed me to keet the tube in the bucket and put the lid back on. Caulk will eventualy weaken but the epoxy won't.

John

Leave a comment:

• mdarr
    replied
    Thanks for the info. I'll keep this in mind. Does using an airstone seem to be better for aeration than just using tubing with pin holes in it?

Leave a comment:

• SUPRARACER
    replied
    You can use airstones but the must be removed from the solution after use. If they are left in they will disolve over time. I left mine in and they were dust. I strained the solution and it was fine.

John

Leave a comment:

• mdarr
    started a topic Using Airstones

Using Airstones

I've heard of using airstones for aeration of the plating baths but is there any chemical reaction between the airstone and the baths? Seems like there was a post of someone using an airstone and said that it disintegrated within two hours. Is there a particular kind of airstone? Thanks for any help!
Working...
X