Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html

These products replace the range of Muggyweld and Technoweld products we used to sell.
See more
See less

new guy. questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new guy. questions

hi guys. i have been lurking on the forum and there are so many things to learn. I am a media blaster/vapor blaster by trade and do a bunch of resto blasting work on higher end muscle cars and classics. We have been farming the coatings out for a while and its time to learn ourselves. Please bare with me for some dumb questions.
    as i am a beginner i am interested in a couple processes. first one would be a OE style plating on mopar muscle car door latches, trunk latches and other parts in a med grey/silver coating. other process would be the bright yellow-ish finish on certain parts like brake boosters , jack masts, inside door hardware (that isnt galvanized) and other small parts. Last one would be OE style yellow coatings for factory carburetors like Holley.

so, what would be the best product to purchase first so i can get my feet wet? (not literally) sorry for such simple questions but with so many products that Caswell sells id like it buy the right ones the first time.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by superclean; 12-19-2016, 12:41 AM.
Working...
X