Yellow Dichomate Gone Weak.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellow Dichomate Gone Weak.

I curenty have many gallons of the yellow dichromate conversion solution by Caswell sitting around. The reason being is that it will work for a yew days and then it will just go flat and lose its color.
    I am currently using the solution for carburetor main bodies and zinc plated parts.
    My last solution worked perfect for 4-5 days. Then let it sit 3-4 days, come back and its lost its bite. Instead of a gold color on the main bodies it's turning a green color. I've had multiple batches do this and just keep making new batches. Seems like there should be an acid or something you could add to the solution to bring it back to life by checking the PH level.
    Can anyone please help

I’m interested in this too. I mixed the supplied yellow chromate container into 4 gallons of distilled water and it just seem to sink to the bottom. I see a lot of other chromate tank pictures, and the solution is very dark yellow and cloudy. Mine looks like a little food coloring a bucket of water

Comment

what is the Temp of your solution ?
      --
      Jason Vanderbroek
      315 946 1213 x116
      www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Originally posted by Caswellplating_Jason View Post
        what is the Temp of your solution ?
        The solution was basicly room temp, around 65-70, had it warming in the slop sink filled with hot water. Should I shake it up, stir it, agitate, heat it up more?

Comment

What is the tank made of ?
          --
          Jason Vanderbroek
          315 946 1213 x116
          www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Originally posted by Caswellplating_Jason View Post
            What is the tank made of ?
            It’s a Home Depot 5 gallon, HPDE 2 I think, not as thick as your buckets. I actually just received 2 of your 6 gallon buckets. Jason, I don’t want to jack this thread or keep it at the top of the que, so I’m going to PM if that’s okay?

Comment

sure thing
              --
              Jason Vanderbroek
              315 946 1213 x116
              www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
              X