Recommended Heater for 5/6 gallon bucket (standard anodize kit) Please Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended Heater for 5/6 gallon bucket (standard anodize kit) Please Help

The kit came with the two huge stock pots that they recommend putting on a hot-plate. I would rather not use the stock pots but instead use a 5/6 gallon bucket with a immersion heater or an over the side heater. Any recommendations please? I looked online but I don't know how many watts will heat the liquid in the 5/6 gallon bucket to near boiling temp. Is it better just to buy a hot plate and use the stock pots? Any insight would be great please, as this is going to be the first time I attempt to anodize/dye anything myself. Thanks in advance!

www.industrialelectricheating.com
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

I found this site to be very helpful in choosing the proper size heaters. I myself am still researching what types of heaters are required for the different solutions. What materials can be used, what can’t, esc.

http://bloglocation.com/art/water-he...e-energy-power

Comment

Originally posted by Sauce118 View Post
        The kit came with the two huge stock pots that they recommend putting on a hot-plate. I would rather not use the stock pots but instead use a 5/6 gallon bucket with a immersion heater or an over the side heater. Any recommendations please? I looked online but I don't know how many watts will heat the liquid in the 5/6 gallon bucket to near boiling temp. Is it better just to buy a hot plate and use the stock pots? Any insight would be great please, as this is going to be the first time I attempt to anodize/dye anything myself. Thanks in advance!
        Doyle; When I got into Electroplating, my intent was to "do it all", albeit on a small level. Tho I have the chemicals for Chrome, Bright Copper, etc. I have ONLY set-up Zinc, Flash Copper, Nickel and Electroless Nickel. PLUS I have two "Stock Pots" (12qt Enamelware) strictly for the SP Degreaser.. one pot is used for the really grungy stuff, after which I media blast the parts then douche in the second pot of Degreaser. After this, I proceed with whatever plating/painting I desire..
        I have found that to heat-up the various chemicals for one and to maintain the heat for other chemicals, that an old 240Volt Kitchen "Cook Stove" is the best thing in the world to use (I use the oven for Powdercoating items), of course I keep this stove in my shop and it is "dedicated" for "Plating/Powdercoating Only" No food for human consumption should ever be cooked in/on this stove.. When I end my "Plating Career", I will destroy the stove. I bought the stove at a flea market for "dirt cheap".. sometimes, one can be found for "Free to carry off". Cruise neighborhoods where a lot of remodeling is going on.. Bargains can be found in places like this (ask permission before carting off a stove left at curb-side.. just-in-case ;-} )
        Maybe this will help.
        Charles.

Charles

Comment

Working...
        X