Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Tank heating

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank heating

Hello all, I just purchased my entry level plating setup from Caswell, and could use a bit of advice on heating the solutions. I see there are various temperatures that each solution must be heated to, SP degreaser, plating tank, chromate tank, esc. My intention was to use mostly aquarium equipment, however I am unsure if they are up to the duty of getting water to 140 plus degrees. I have seen crock pots used, however some of the parts I am doing would not fit in a crock pot. ANy suggestions?

you can purchase tank plating heaters at www.industrialelectricheating.com
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Thank you Jason. I’ll check those heaters out. Aside from heating capacity, what are the design requirements for a “plating” heater. I’m guessing it’s mostly material, will any industrial stainless heater work, or are those heaters on that website titanium. Thanks again for the info, I’m really excited to revive my Caswell kit

Comment

they have both titanium as well as stainless. You do not need a heater for the plating solution, it will run just fine at room temp
        --
        Jason Vanderbroek
        315 946 1213 x116
        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Well, the winters get cold here, so I’ll likely need heat for the plating tank. Regardless, don’t the acid, SP degreaser, and chromate bath also need heat too. Do those solutions require special heaters as well?

Comment

Should plastics be avoided in these tanks? Does the SP degreaser require a special heater or will any heater do.?

Comment

Plastic is fine, SP Degreaser needs to be 140-160 Degrees F. So you need a heater capable of maintaining those temps.
              --
              Jason Vanderbroek
              315 946 1213 x116
              www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
              X