Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Using bright acid copper plating kit to plate onto silk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using bright acid copper plating kit to plate onto silk.

Hi there,

I have bought the Caswell bright acid copper plating kit and have done some experiments plating a fine copper thread that I have sewn into a piece of silk in a pattern. I have a concern about contamination of the solution with the silk. The research I did online said that silk would only dissolve in a 60% sulfuric acid solution, and our solution is not nearly that concentrated. Just wanting to double check, I am also planning on painting conductive paint onto polyester fabric (leaving parts of the fabric exposed so have the same concerns with this too) any advice appreciated!

many thanks,
    Micha

What are you using to make the Silk conductive ?
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

I’m sewing a fine copper and bamboo yarn into the silk - so the yarn is conductive and plates - the silk is just the substrate but sits in the solution too of course...

Comment

I honestly do not know what the solution will do to the silk. You may have to do a little experimenting with this.
        --
        Jason Vanderbroek
        315 946 1213 x116
        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
        X