X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sil
    started a topic Sticky blue shine on my yellow passivation

Sticky blue shine on my yellow passivation

Hi there, I’m new here and also just starting to do some more zinc plating, and blue/yellow passivation. Mostly for classic car parts. My setup is home made, I build myself a tank with pump, power supply and so on. But I think I still have some issues with it. When my parts come out of the electroplating bath they look really clean and shiny, but from the moment the go true passivation they become a bit sticky en have a blue shine on them. And they don’t dry up as nice as I want them to. If some one have any ideas for me then they are very welcome! There are some pictures to make my point. Thank you in advance. And sorry for my English I’m from Holland.
    Attached Files

• xNocturnalx
    replied
    If you're using a lot of brightener and the parts are coming out very shiny like chrome then an acid dip before chromate will help with adhesion, if this is even the problem you're describing, I don't know? Also, the parts should be air dried, it helps to use a fan or blow dryer on cool or warm. I don't handle the parts for about 24 hours. Chromate dip can take a little as 10 seconds, too long in the chromate can cause sloughing issues. But honestly you need to be much more specific about the issue.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X