Zinc Scienc Kit Maximizing Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinc Scienc Kit Maximizing Use

I have purchased the small zinc science kit. I have several small motorcycle parts to re-zinc coat and apply chromate. After zinc coating two parts, the cathode is black with deposits. I need to know how to clean the cathodes, and how long will the zinc solution supplied with the science kit last. After that, when the time does come to replace the zinc solution, what do I replace it with?
    Thank you.

The Anodes can be cleaned with Water and a scotchbrite pad. The science kit is meant for science education and not meant as a full blown plating kit, you will get approx 2 sqft of coverage from the solution.
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Thanks Jason,
      If I want to purchase new solution, perhaps enough to dip larger parts in a larger container, what solution would I purchase and could I still use the science kit power supply or would I need something stronger. When I say larger container, I am only talking about twice as large as the science kit container, no larger.
      Thanks!!!

Comment

You would need an adjustable Power supply, as well as an actual plating kit, like the one in the link. Copy Cad & Zinc Plating Kit - 1.5 Gal - Caswell Inc (caswellplating.com)
        --
        Jason Vanderbroek
        315 946 1213 x116
        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
        X