Conflicting directions Blue Chromate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting directions Blue Chromate

So there's conflicting information between the website, the manual & what's actually printed on the bottle.

On the website it says mix 1qt to 3 qts of distilled water for a 1 gallon mix.

In the manual it states: In a plastic container, add 32 fl oz of Distilled Water then add 8 fl oz Blue Chromate Concentrate.

On the bottle it says mix 1qt to 1 gallon of distilled water.

So the manual and what's printed on the bottle are identical. Is the website outdated? This was on the 1qt bottle.

I'm assuming 2 out if 3 is right but if they changed the mixture and things are printed wrong it could dilute this.

Did you ever get an answer to the conflict on mixing? Have you used the blue chromate with success?

Comment

I'd always go with what the bottle says. If something changes with the formulation, this will be on the chemical label which could render the website or manual outdated. For that matter, it actually says this in the manual as well. Always go by what the bottle says.

Comment

Originally posted by chip6565 View Post
        Did you ever get an answer to the conflict on mixing? Have you used the blue chromate with success?
        I called them and they told me to follow the directions on the bottle. Clearly the manual is outdated.

Comment

Working...
        X