Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First attempt at copper flash does this look right?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First attempt at copper flash does this look right?

This was my first attempt at the first step in my plating process. the copper flash plating looks to be burnt on the edges for some reason. did I do something wrong somewhere? The pic is of an identical piece (zinc ) that I haven’t plated yet and then the copper one straight from the bath not wiped down or polished or anything. Could polishing get rid of the burnt edge look? I’m shocked I even got it to copper plate on my first try lol. Does this need to be a shiny mirror finish before I move on to the nickel electroplating? Any help would be appreciated.

What steps did you take to prepare the piece ?
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

I used the sisal wheel attached to my cordless drill with the black bar and then the loose cotton wheel with the brown bar and finally the white liquid with one of then white mushroom buffs. Afterward I wiped down the piece with a clean microfiber cloth then the next morning I put it in the copper flash bath.

Comment

You need to use a De greaser such as Dawn Dish Soap, the piece needs to be cleaned.
        --
        Jason Vanderbroek
        315 946 1213 x116
        www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Sorry. I forgot to mention I put it in your degreasing tank before putting it in copper flash tank. Do I need to use dawn dish soap before using the black bar and sisal wheel?

Comment

Does the degreasing tank take the place of the dawn dish soap or does that still need to be done at some point?

Comment

Working...
            X