Announcement

Collapse

CASWELD Our new 'Welding' rods

Introducing our latest range of Welding and brazing rods, for the repair of Pot Metal, Aluminum, Stainless and much more.

Please see our web page for details.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restor...ding-rods.html
See more
See less

Copper electroplating-Salmon color finish....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper electroplating-Salmon color finish....

I found a post explaining my same issue.
    I have added brightner but it didn't seem to make a difference. I cleaned the anode but still no luck.
    Open to suggestions thanks!
    Hi,

I have been experimenting with my amperage to try and get a good bright and shiny salmon pink finish on copper using the 'acid copper' equipment. I am trying to get it how new copper should come out. I can only seem to get a matt, crystalline finish although this will polish to a bright copper. I am hoping with enough experimenting I can forego much of the task of polishing and be able to produce a bright shiny piece straight from the tank.

I am getting a matt finish whether its plating onto copper pipe or electroforming organic material. If I turn the amps up I get a loose thick grain which wipes off. If I turn it down the crystalline structure is much smaller but still the matt finish. Any amperage in between provides matt salmon.

I am wondering if a matt salmon finish is the best you can get with caswell solutions and I need to look into additional brighteners? Also I am wondering whether I need to invest in an airation pump to refine the copper structure further.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	131927

Having the same problem. Any solution all these decades later? Maybe another web site will have someone who could help.

Comment

Working...
    X