Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copper electroplating-Salmon color finish....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copper electroplating-Salmon color finish....

I found a post explaining my same issue.
    I have added brightner but it didn't seem to make a difference. I cleaned the anode but still no luck.
    Open to suggestions thanks!
    Hi,

I have been experimenting with my amperage to try and get a good bright and shiny salmon pink finish on copper using the 'acid copper' equipment. I am trying to get it how new copper should come out. I can only seem to get a matt, crystalline finish although this will polish to a bright copper. I am hoping with enough experimenting I can forego much of the task of polishing and be able to produce a bright shiny piece straight from the tank.

I am getting a matt finish whether its plating onto copper pipe or electroforming organic material. If I turn the amps up I get a loose thick grain which wipes off. If I turn it down the crystalline structure is much smaller but still the matt finish. Any amperage in between provides matt salmon.

I am wondering if a matt salmon finish is the best you can get with caswell solutions and I need to look into additional brighteners? Also I am wondering whether I need to invest in an airation pump to refine the copper structure further.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	131927

Having the same problem. Any solution all these decades later? Maybe another web site will have someone who could help.

Comment

Working...
    X