New To This

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New To This

I have just ordered the Manual from Caswell and looking forward to getting into this. As my past employment was as a Critical Care Flight Paramedic and the fact that I had a couple of Heart Attacks in 2000, I had to leave my present employment and have worked a few Hospital Jobs, but nothing that I enjoyed...

As I have been rebuilding my 84 Corvette from the ground up, I had gotten into the Suspension components and thought how nice it would be to have some of them chromed. After checking around for what seemed like weeks, I could not find anyone that was doing Automotive Chrome Plating. That was when I began talking to a few friends in the Auto Customizing Business. They also had a hard time finding anyone who could chrome or gold plate items for them. Then, I began to think about what all would be involved in getting into this business...

I would like to get into the business small with an opportunity to get a little bigger later on. I have a 42 x 60 Building (in the country) that I will be able to use as a shop area, so that is no problem. I would like to get into Chrome & Gold Plating for such items as Valve Covers, Intakes, Brackets, and various other Automobile items. Maybe even get into Motorcycle items as well. Powdercoating even a possibility. I am already into the Painting. But like many new to this, I am a Newbie to start as all have been. No good trying to talk to Platers in this area as they feel I am going to hurt their business even though they do not do auto or cycle parts...

I have read quite a bit of the forums here at Caswell and hoping to be able to figure all this out soon and then maybe I may be able to help others that may be in this same situation...

Thanks for all the excellent reading and hoping to become a part of this business soon...
    Outlaw

Received Manual on Wednesday, January 13, 2004...

Now that was quick...

One thing that I would like to see here at Caswell is that if a Member orders their Manual that they would also have the ability to view the OnLine Manual as well. Is this a possibility

Also will be ordering some supplies in the near future as I am going to get my shop set up...

Now to do a little reading and see if this old mind will get all of this soaked in...

Thanks for such a great site...
    Outlaw

Comment

Working...
    X