Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cdaw
    replied
    Ok did a lil more research, and unless you've magically pulled some new element from mars or somewhere , I don't want to go anywhere near electroless copper plating.
    I come to rest on the solution of silvering the holes. Which copper will directly plate to, and using pulsed power, with a periodic reverse, or masking everything but the holes ~ is very cost efficient , tired and true method. I don't have a need for "the black hole method" making 10 pcb's a week.
    I also have no need to directly plate plastic, or other non conductive material, But I do have possible uses for fattening pcb tracks from time to time, which electro will do fine.

----
    I read a bunch more and decided on Flash copper. My order has been placed

Just for kicks - can you lend anymore info on your electroless plan, and expected time of availablility / cost.

Leave a comment:

• cdaw
    replied
    hmm, another option.

I always thought electroless was the less pro way of doing things, and that electro was the better option, or conversely - industry electoless/elctro process with 15 or so different dips, not something I want to do.

I tried electroless tin and was incredibly unimpressed, so much so - that when I place my order for what ever copper solution , I'm getting the tin kit too.

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    We are going to announce a new electroless copper system any day - so hang on!!!

It is designed to plate directly onto plastic and PCB boards

Leave a comment:

• cdaw
    started a topic Flash copper vs acid copper for PCB Holes

Flash copper vs acid copper for PCB Holes

Greetings
    My main goal is to plate thru holes on pcb's. And I'm confused on which plating solution I should try. My holes are already conductive using something similar to silvaspray (if it was a Caswell product it'd probably be called silva~goop). I was leaning toward flash copper, but I really don't know what the difference is ~ when it comes to this type of application.

Thanks for your advice.
    JT
Working...
X