X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dadkar2
    replied
    Nickel Stripper

My guess is yes, absolutely. However, it wouldn't do much good, since you definitely have to sandblast pot metal before doing much in the way of plating with it.

If you try it, do so on a small scrap piece. I could try it for you but my plating shop is in transit. Should be back up by Nov 1.

Kind regards,
    Ken

Leave a comment:

• onebigpig1
    replied
    Hey, since this B-929 stuff has no acid do you suppose it would strip nickel off of zinc dicast without eating into the metal?

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    good to hear, im gonna order 5 pounds in about a week and i recommend this stuff highly it works plain and simple.

bill

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    We now have this in stock at http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/metalx.html

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    mike/lance

have you looked into ordering this nickel stripper??

bill

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    the instructions i recieved stated a 1 gallon make up has the abilty to strip 4-6 ounces of nickel which is a lot of nickel,mine has been mixed for around a week and a half and is still working fine.

bill

Leave a comment:

• agugliel75
    replied
    I have heard great things about this stuff however how long would several pounds last you if you strip Nickel a few times a week. Also lets say you make one gallon how long will that last in general with let say about 8 to 10 small parts? Does the bath need to be regenerated over and over again to keep it active?

Leave a comment:

• dadkar2
    replied
    Nickel Deplating

Bill,

Yes, I use the B-929 for both brass and steel. I prefer to avoid the acid in the mix.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    ken,

you use the same formula for steel and brass base metals, the b-929

bill

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    mike

thanks, as soon i see its avaliable im gonna order some of the mx- ac

bill

Leave a comment:

• dadkar2
    replied
    Thanks Mike.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• mcaswell
    replied
    MetalX products

These are being ordered today.

Watch the webpage later next week for details.

Leave a comment:

• dadkar2
    replied
    Bill,

I avoided the de-smut baths because they looked kind of toxic, and unnecessary.

Ken

Leave a comment:

• bhhodges
    replied
    they also have some bath make ups for removing the smut that is left behind but i found it easy enough to remove by hand, im gonna be away from the shop for a couple weeks so wont be able to try and mix any of the de-smut baths.

bill

Leave a comment:

• dadkar2
    replied
    nickel dePlating

Guys,

The stuff I bought from them is similar but requires no acid. It works the way you just described. I know there is a formulation that requires acid, intended for brass (and maybe copper) only. They have 3 or 4 different formulations. Mine is B-929.

It is a miracle chemical. Mike you have to try this stuff. Bill thanks so much for your added testimonial on it. I'll never use reverse plating with battery acid on my delicate valuable horological components again.

By the way it also works wonders on steel. The 929 is compatible with steel, which the acid formulation is not! You would not believe it. It strips the nickel right off, and leaves the copper flash intact underneath!! Reverse plating with battery acid would destroy the steel parts. I know; I"ve tried it.

Kind regards,
    Ken

Leave a comment:

Working...
X