the learning curve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the learning curve?

What a big surprise i had when i got my 30 gal triple dip system. for those of you, who like me, think you can just pick it up and run with it. Let me tell you its no picnic. I have stripped so many parts i think i burnt up a couple anodes, not really but have learned how to replace heater fuses. the prep is what its all about. who would have thunk it. but garbage in is garbage out. just a word of warning. be prepared its fun but u will lose a lota hair from pulling it out. anyways thats my take on it. And just for the a good laugh from you experts.I not only bought the 30 gal system with a 25 and 250 amp rec. i bought a building and set up shop to chrome plate .lol .thought i was screwed for a while there. clydes

big Leap

I'm also new at this plating business but it is a lot of fun. I would be interested in hearing how some of your larger projects go, such as a grill from an old car?
    Jim

Comment

i am doing some custome aluminum rims for a custome cycle builder with lots a detail right now . all is going well ,slow, but well. i will post some pics in a few days to let you know how they turned out. caswell should sell a 12 pack with there kits .lol would make this a little easier at the end of the day.
      clydes

Comment

IVE BEEN AT IT TWO YEARS NOW AND CAN HANDLE STEEL AND ALUM PRETTY WELL,AS LONG AS IT ISNT TO LARGE BUT I DRINK A LOT OF CROWN ROYAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pLAST IC I MISS MORE THAN I HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

IVE BEEN AT IT TWO YEARS NOW AND CAN HANDLE STEEL AND ALUM PRETTY WELL,AS LONG AS IT ISNT TO LARGE BUT I DRINK A LOT OF CROWN ROYAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!pLAST IC I MISS MORE THAN I HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I too bought a 30 gal. set-up as well as a 4.5 gal. set-up with hopes and dreams of being a sucessful plater. I've never been this frustrated.

Comment

My best suggestion is be like the turtle and not the hare,and youll get there,and by the way crown royal is cheaper by the half gallon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Beau alsoalways use the hottest water in town for cleaning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

slow is the way to go. im getting faster but still take for ever to do a part. the kids cant come to the shop after the youngest cussed in from of grandma. i wonder if that was from being around down here. clydes

Comment

Newton

Newton can you please contact me 541 784 6840 or email [email protected]
                  Regards Ron.

Comment

Working...
                  X