Titanium Wire For Anodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titanium Wire For Anodes

I was wondering if any of you guys would know if I can use Titanium wire to hang my anodes in my plating bath for my zink plating system. The reason is I would like to try to submerge the complete anode. Would this effect the finish at all? it would also let me try different position of the anodes as my tank is odd shaped. Thanks

Re: Titanium Wire For Anodes

Yes titanium should be fine.

Comment

Just wondering if the zinc would eventually build up on the titanium?

Comment

I use titanium fasteners and hooks for holding my anodes. the only thing that builds up on them over time is "white rust" which I clean off in before each use.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Hello,
          It?s ok and will not affect the plating. The plating industry uses titanium baskets for some plating tanks but normally for zinc its steel depending if it?s an acid or alkaline zinc bath.
          Nol4154

Titanium Wire For Anodes

I was wondering if any of you guys would know if I can use Titanium wire to hang my anodes in my plating bath for my zink plating system. The reason is I would like to try to submerge the complete anode. Would this effect the finish at all? it would also let me try different position of the anodes as my tank is odd shaped. Thanks

Comment

Hi,
            I use titanium as both the anode and cathode and have no problems at all, my entire anodizing rack is titanium. It will need to be cleaned occasionally.
            http://www.torontocycles.com

Comment

Working...
            X