Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• copper tank problems

Hi guys
    hope someone can help me out,purchased my eqiupment from Dalmar Plating,oops on me,not much info. in the so called manual,not much tech support on the phone.Anyway i am having a problem with my acid copper tank,I've used 4-4x6"anodes so far,not shure if I need to add more brightner or maybe I have a chemistry problem I have however started ussing copper wire as anodes,maybe this is my problem,however everything I plate comes out dull and salmon in color.With the Dalmar system I dont use heaters,air pumps,or anode bags,They say use at room temperature and go.So all I have is a tank of solution and anodes so I just put the anodes in,put the part in and turn the rectifier on and hope for the best. This problem first started with some pieces coming out okay then a bad one then a good one,now they all come out dull and salmon in color.Has anyone encounterd this problem before,and can anyone give me soom addvice on this matter pleassssse
    yours trully slowlly going nuts.

Re: copper tank problems

First off you need air (bubbles) to agitate the bath, and you need to use the 4x6 anodes, space them about 2" apart and 2 on each side of the tank. Take your part that your going to plate and measure the square inches and mulitply it by 0.1 and take you answer and turn you rectifier to that and then see what happens...you might not have enough brightner and you need to have the bath tested for the proper ratio....
    www.chrome-plater.blogspot.com

Comment

Thanks Fly
      I'll try air to agitate the bath.I understand about the 0.1/amp per sq,in.Do you think I'm okay useing the copper wire for anodes,I basicaly wrap the wire close together around a 4"x6" stainless anode the pull the anode out then tie it.Also Dalmer says to hang the anodes on one side and the part on the other,so I will also try hanging the anodes on both sides.thanx much.

Comment

I just drill a hole in the scrap pieces that I picked up at a scrap yard and hang them with copper wire. You can get sheets of copprer at a sheet metal place, look for one and see what they will give you....I wouldn't use the stainless just use some sheets of copper and hang in the bath...

Comment

Hey man I will be away from the computer until Friday, so if you have any problems just give me a call. (601)549-6914 good luck.....

Comment

Working...
          X