No announcement yet.

Brown stains on copy cad parts?? why??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brown stains on copy cad parts?? why??

I just ordered new anodes because mine are worn in half, But recantly i seem to be picking up some brown stains towards the outside edges, cannot figure this, im running 1.2 amps with .7 volts on the rear flaps of my carb. I first glassbeaded the parts then polished them to a high luster on a cooper colored wire wheel, after that i soaked the part in 160 degree degreaser then imediately put the parts in my copy cad bath for 4 min. after rinsing off in distilled water i go to the yellow, i really never had a problem before, could it be the anodes?? Extremely thin and weak towards the ends and the anodes are worn to a football shape. ANY IDEAS? P.S. i never heat my copy cad solution because im outside in the sunlight and fill the sun is heating up the eletro. for me.

Re: Brown stains on copy cad parts?? why??

You should plate for 20 min. @ .13 to .14 amps per sq. in.
    After degreasing you should etch the part in 5% muriatic acid / distilled water for 10 sec....double rinse.....plate for 20 min....etch for 10 sec. again....double rinse...go to chromate ...double rinse....dry with hot air.
    --
    Jason Vanderbroek
    315 946 1213 x116
    www.caswellplating.com

Comment

I will try this method, Thanks for your reply!! Rich

Comment

bert i was doing the opposite, mauratic acid bath then degreasing then plating.

Comment

Have you tried it the correct way? If so, how did you make out? Also, relace those anodes if you already have'nt.
          --
          Jason Vanderbroek
          315 946 1213 x116
          www.caswellplating.com

Comment

Working...
          X