Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strike copper or bright copper after zincate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adambond
    replied
    it is much easier to prep the metal before hand than to copper, sand, buff, degrease, copper, sand, buff, degrease, over and over. if you prep the metal once in the begining i makes everything much easier for me atleast.
    bondo

Leave a comment:

• 48Buick
    replied
    Mdarr:
    You will be far ahead if you work your base casting to the point you want it to look like prior to the copper plate.
    Its a lot more work to work the copper plate after its on then just to finish out the initial casting.
    I cant say about the flash copper strike. I go into my nickel bath after zincate and then into copper to build up.
    48BUICK

Leave a comment:

• mdarr
    started a topic Strike copper or bright copper after zincate?

Strike copper or bright copper after zincate?

If I have an aluminum cast bracket that I'm wanting to chrome plate, obviously I have to zincate it first. Afterwards, I assume I can go directly to bright nickel. Is this correct? If, however, I want to build copper on it because the casting is rough and I'm too lazy to grind and buff it down to a smooth finish, after zincating it, do I strike copper it or can I go directly to the bright copper, which is what I want to use for building copper? I thought I had read where zincate won't take a bright copper but will a strike copper. In the triple chrome kits you sell, I noticed it includes both bright copper and a strike copper concentrate. Is this correct? The separate strike copper kit, however, is $300+ which I realize includes the tank, heater, etc. Is this the same strike copper as whats in your triple chrome plate kits? I'm interested in the 4 gallon kit. Thanks for the help!
Working...
X