No announcement yet.

i need instryctions for nickel plating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need instryctions for nickel plating!

please is it possible for some one here to help me how can i make nickel plating!
    i have an idea how to do it byt i need more informations for all the proces from the beegining to end!
    what kind of power supllie im going to need?the sollution of the nickel it has to be mixed with water?
    how many parts of water and how many parts of the nickel solytions?
    one last guestions what kind of tanks im going to use?
    for example :the capacitu the material e.t.c.

thank you very much for your peissons an i hope you have answers for me!

Re: i need instryctions for nickel plating!

Originally posted by MANOS View Post
    please is it possible for some one here to help me how can i make nickel plating!
    i have an idea how to do it byt i need more informations for all the proces from the beegining to end!
    what kind of power supllie im going to need?the sollution of the nickel it has to be mixed with water?
    how many parts of water and how many parts of the nickel solytions?
    one last guestions what kind of tanks im going to use?
    for example :the capacitu the material e.t.c.

thank you very much for your peissons an i hope you have answers for me!
    Manos;
    Unless you have a very strong educational background in Chemistry, I would suggest that you NOT try to make your own "Nickel Plating Bath".. Caswell offers kits that are far easier to use than a home-made solution.
    I suggest that you go to the Caswell Plating website and purchase their "Caswell Plating Manual"... Version #9 is "On Sale" for $10 (regularly $30). Shipping outside the US may be high.. I don't know. If you speak Spanish, then the manual is "Ahora Disponible En Espanol".
    The Caswell Plating Manual is NOT a Chemistry Book.. it IS a good "First Step" for a person to learn what all is required to have in order to "set-up" a small plating line.
    As far as tanks, their capacity, etc., this is all dependent on what you plan on plating.. If you are doing to do small parts, the 1.5 U.S. Gallon Kit would probably be best.. If you are planning on plating entire motorcycle frames, then you are entering the world of "Commercial Plating", not "Hobby Plating".
    Charles

Comment

Working...
    X